WordPress page builders are great because they allow anyone, even those without coding skills, to create beautiful pages. But when it comes time to create a landing page…there’s one problem…
Not all WordPress page builders are well-suited to build a dedicated landing page.
So if you want to create an effective, conversion-hungry landing page, you’ll need a tool that can handle the job. And to that end, I’ve put together this list of the 5 best WordPress landing page plugins. I’ll go into detail about each plugin’s features, as well as its pros and cons when compared to the other plugins.
Let’s jump in…
Summary: 5 Best WordPress Landing Page Plugins
Don’t worry – I’m going to go into detail with every single one of these landing page plugins. But if you’re just looking for a quick overview of your options, here’s a comparison table that gives you an overview of the various features and functionality of each plugin.
1. Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro is the premium version of the free Elementor page builder. And while it is a normal page builder, it includes a number of features that make it the perfect tool for creating landing pages. Most notably, the ability to create a blank canvas no matter what theme you’re using.
Elementor Core Features
- Visual drag and drop page builder.
- Blank canvas for true landing page building. That is, no WordPress header/footer.
- Plenty of gorgeous pre-built templates.
- Post grids to still display your recent blog posts.
- Live form editor to build email opt-ins.
- Full control over each element’s style. Custom CSS, margins, responsiveness, etc.
- All the essential elements you’d expect from any WordPress page builder.
- Pre-built landing page templates that you can just edit to fit your site.
- Unlike many page builders, Elementor Pro lets you build true landing pages that don’t contain any trace of your WordPress header, footer, or sidebar.
- The Elementer interface is fluid and easy to use.
- Because it’s a general page builder, you can use the same tool to build both landing pages and regular WordPress content.
- You can use a live form builder to build email opt-ins that connect to email marketing services via Zapier webhooks.
- It’s the cheapest tool on this list.
- There’s no easy way to A/B test landing pages with Elementor Pro. You’d need to use something third-party like Nelio A/B testing.
- Other tools on this list have a larger library of landing page templates, though Elementor Pro still has plenty of quality designs.
How Does Elementor Work?
Elementor Pro works like any other WordPress page builder. That is, you drag and drop “elements” around a canvas to create your page. As I mentioned, though, Elementor Pro differentiates itself by offering you a true blank canvas to work from.
2. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder Pro is another traditional WordPress page builder that you can still use to create landing pages. However, unlike Elementor Pro, Beaver Builder comes in both a theme and a plugin version. The version you choose will affect the flexibility you have when creating your landing pages.
That is, when you just use the plugin, you don’t have access to a 100% blank canvas. But if you use the theme in conjunction with the plugin, you’ll have full control over every aspect of your landing pages.
Beaver Builder Core Features
- Front-end visual page builder that uses drag and drop.
- Works with any WordPress theme.
- Beaver Builder theme allows for full website building using WordPress.
- Has all the necessary elements you need to build a landing page.
Beaver Builder Pros
- The Beaver Builder page building interface is very user friendly and a joy to build pages with.
- The Beaver Builder theme gives you a ton of control over your entire website…if you’re willing to use it.
- Beaver Builder lets you restrict access based on user role, which is helpful if you’re building a landing page for a client.
Beaver Builder Cons
- To build a truly separate landing page (without your normal WordPress header/footer), you’ll need to use the Beaver Builder theme.
- Like Elementor Pro, there’s no built-in A/B testing to optimize your landing pages.
How Does Beaver Builder Work?
If you’re just using the plugin, Beaver Builder works like all of the other visual page builders. You’ll build your landing pages by dragging and dropping different elements around. If you use the Beaver Builder theme as well, you’ll also be able to make good use of the live WordPress Customizer.
Beaver Builder Pricing
Huge-IT Photo Gallery is another popular WordPress gallery solution that comes in both a free and Pro version. One neat thing about this plugin is that it’s not just for photo galleries – you can also use Huge-IT Photo Gallery to showcase videos from YouTube or Vimeo. Even in the free version.
OptimizePress Core Features
- Comes with both a theme and plugin. The plugin is what you use to build landing pages.
- Drag and drop landing page builder
- Sales funnel support
- Membership site functionality
- Tons of pre-built templates
- More focused on landing pages and sales pages than general purpose page builders.
- Can be used to create an entire funnel of connected pages.
- A very large template marketplace, though many of the templates cost additional money.
- Includes A/B testing on the higher tier plans.
- Integrates with many email marketing services and payment gateways.
- A bit bloated if you don’t want the added features like membership sites.
- While it does have a ton of templates, the majority of them cost extra money.
- OptimizePress’ builder isn’t visual. It is drag and drop – but not true WYSIWYG.
How Does OptimizePress Work?
Most of OptimizePress’ functionality comes in the plugin version, so you shouldn’t feel like you need to use the OptimizePress theme to get value from it. You can build your landing pages using a simple drag and drop interface – though it’s important to note that the interface is not a visual builder like Elementor Pro or Beaver Builder Pro.
Leadpages is the most expensive tool on this list by far because it’s a monthly SaaS fee. But if you’re willing to pay the price, it’s also the most user friendly tool on this list. Though it is a standalone SaaS, it includes a WordPress plugin that makes integration with WordPress simple.
Leadpages Core Features
- Drag and drop landing page builder.
- Easy lead capture forms.
- Manage landing pages for multiple sites in one location.
- Includes exit intent popups.
- Leadpages can handle hosting your assets.
- Can create landing pages incredibly quickly.
- Built-in A/B testing on higher plans.
- Integrates with tons of email marketing services, CRMs, and more.
- Hundreds of pre-built landing page templates.
- Not only is it expensive, it’s also a recurring fee.
- Many landing page templates cost additional money.
- You need to use a separate interface to build your landing pages.
How Does Leadpages Work?
Unlike the other plugins, with Leadpages you build your landing pages at Leadpages’ website, not inside your WordPress dashboard. Once you build a landing page using Leadpages’ drag and drop builder, you can easily bring it into WordPress using Leadpages’ plugin.
5. Thrive Landing Pages
Thrive Landing Pages is a combination of Thrive Themes’ popular Thrive Content Builder page builder with a number of different landing page templates and a blank page canvas. Like Elementor Pro, Thrive Landing Pages works completely independent of your theme.
Thrive Landing Pages Core Features
- Visual drag and drop page builder.
- Blank canvas for true landing pages.
- Theme templates for complete funnels.
- 162 different templates.
- Plenty of helpful page builder elements.
Thrive Landing Pages Pros
- You can use a blank canvas to create a truly custom landing page no matter what theme you’re using.
- The 162+ templates are themed together to make it easy to create sales funnels.
- Thrive Content Builder is a really nice page builder.
- You can use Thrive Content Builder to style all of the content on your WordPress site.
- Integrates with email marketing services.
Thrive Landing Pages Cons
- Thrive Themes is not GPL.
- Thrive Content Builder has a higher “lock-in” factor than Elementor or Beaver Builder.
- There’s no built-in A/B testing.
How Does Thrive Landing Pages Work?
You build your landing pages using the visual Thrive Content Builder interface. To import a template, you can click a button to access all of the Thrive Landing pages templates.
Thrive Landing Pages Pricing
Wrapping Things Up
If you’re looking for an affordable and versatile WordPress landing page plugin, my personal go-to is Elementor Pro. The blank canvas lets you create true landing pages, it includes pre-built templates, and the visual page builder is easy to use.
But if budget is not a worry, then Leadpages offers up the absolute best experience, including tons of templates and built-in A/B testing. Just be prepared to pay for that ease of use…
And finally, if you want to be able to create multi-step funnels, you should check out Thrive Landing Pages or OptimizePress.
With that being said, you really won’t go wrong with any one of these tools!